Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blurb'O'Movies

YOU NEED MY OPINIONS. YOU CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THEM.

Team America: World Police - A 90 minute South Park Episode essentially, with puppets instead of cardboard. With 50% of the jokes being about them being puppets. I essentially have the same complaint with this movie that I have with South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut - despite being a South Park lover, the type of humor just doesn't work on such a long scale. I firmly believe the movie would of worked so much better if it didn't just reek of so many South Park staples, but as is, it's mildly amusing, but I really didn't like it. 5/10

Thank You For Smoking - To the lowest common denominator to something a bit more high brow. I dug this movie for some reason, possibly because they made the protagonist someone you can't bring yourself to boo or cheer - to use a wrestling term here, he's the perfect tweener. He's a gigantic smug asshole, but he has just enough redeeming quality where you don't want to hate him, and I believe this was the intention, making it a very well done movie. 8/10

That's all for today, too busy to write too much but I figured I best toss SOMETHING up here.

No comments: